This is a great infographic style video from Vodafone highlighting key mobile statistics and trends
today and the potential impact on how Mobile smartphone technology will shape our future.
Here are some great extracts from these infographics:
- 77% of the Worlds Population have a Mobile Phone
- 17 Billion text messages sent in 2000, compared to 8 trillion in 2011
- In 2011 48 Million People used their Phone for accessing Maps
- On average the average person checks the smartphone 120 times a day
- 30% of consumers communicate with brands via social networks.
- 5.4 Billion Mobile coupons we issued in 2011
- Tablet sales grow from 17 million in 2011 to 70 million in 2012
- In the future touchscreens will become absolute as mobile devices recognize our voices and facial expressions.
- By 2013 more people will be accessing the web via smartphones than PC’s
- Today 1 in 4 consumers have made a transaction via their mobile
- In 2013 its estimated that nearly 50 Billion Apps will be downloaded
- By 2015 over $119 Billion will be spent on goods and services via the Mobile Phone
- Near Field Communications will turn mobiles into Point of sales notifies
- Vodafone estimates that by 2016 Mobile vouchering will be worth up to $43 Billion Globally
Interesting and perhaps food for thought..