Just when you thought that you have the coolest website design in the World Wide Web, you just realize that everything has been wrong all along. You’re not ranking well in search engines, and you’re not driving the right kind of traffic from your target market. Simply put, your products and services are not availed, and you’re not gaining the profit you’ve wanted.
Top 5 Website Design Mistakes People Do
It doesn’t mean that because you’re practically good in layout and art, you’re already a master with regards to website design. Hence, if you want to make sure that you can hit the target, take note of the following mistakes in website design:
1. Your website isn’t just compatible with a lot of Website browsers. One of the foremost reasons why your website design doesn’t click at all is because it won’t show up with majority of Internet browsers. Keep in mind that there are many types that can be utilized by Internet users. Classic examples include Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Crazy Browser. Thus, it only means that if you want to make sure that you can reach out to as many potential customers as possible, your website should show up in all of them. Before you upload your website, do some testing first so you can already correct possible problems.
2. You are simply using too much Flash. There seems to be a wrong notion when it comes to websites. A lot of website designers these days believe that one of the best ways to the heart of their target market is to incorporate a lot of Flash and other animated images into their site. Though they never fail to capture the initial fancy of anyone, these techniques have their own drawbacks. First, they can slow down the download time of your webpage, which, unfortunately, can make Internet users impatient. Second, search engine spiders read texts, not images. Hence, it becomes harder for you to get indexed when you use a lot of Flash.
3. Fonts are not friendly to Internet users. Besides the overall layout of your webpages, you also have to take into consideration the font that you are going to use. The usual mistake in website design is using very small fonts, which makes content very inconvenient for Internet users to read. Sometimes they are frozen, which means you cannot adjust their sizes. You should ensure that your font is readable by complementing them with the background. According to studies, the best combination is using yellow texts over dark background.
4. Content doesn’t match the theme of the website. Surprisingly, there are website designers who are making website content their second priority. They are very difficult to scan, they are too long with no proper white spaces, and that they seem to be forced to fit in just one page. The bottom line is Internet users are finding it truly difficult to get the information that they truly need.
5. Webpages are not search-engine friendly. If you’re not taking care of your headline tags, not adding meta tags in each of your webpages, or if you’ve been stuffing a lot of keywords in your websites, then you will surely not gain the favor of search engines.