Home Energy Saving Scheme (HES) is anther valuable tool in the war against energy waste. It is a National Scheme in the purview of the Sustainable Energy Ireland (SEI) who manages and implements it.
Who are eligible?
Any one hoping to upgrade Roof and wall Insulation, Heating System and commission BER assessments for this purpose are eligible for this very compelling grant scheme offered by SEI.
Improvements and upgrades considered for these grants
HES considers the following upgrades and services for grant aid ie;
Roof insulation – Euro 250
Wall insulation –
• Cavity Wall Insulation – Euro 400
• Internal Wall Dry lining – Euro 2,500
• External Wall Insulation – Euro 4,000
Heating Controls –
• High efficiency Gas or Oil Fired
Boilers with Home Heating Controls Upgrade – Euro 700
• Heating Controls Upgrade – Euro 500
BER Assessment – A “before” and
“after” BER Assessment – Euro 200
Please note the grant values indicated are maximum values.
Some other noteworthy points are;
• The grant values are fixed at the maximum values indicated. (If the actual cost is less, that and VAT is all you will be able to apply for reimbursement).
• The grants for each measure must be approved by SEI prior to material procurement and carrying any kind of work (except perhaps BER “before”).
• Once the SEI approvals have been granted for the project all procurements, labor contract payments etc must precede reimbursement.
• Irrespective of the type of fuel the energy efficiency of new Heating Appliance should be over 90%.
• There should be at least two zones in the boiler system (which could be as Space Heating and Water Heating), 7 day Programmer, Time and Temperature control of Electric Emersion Heater, 3 nos TRVs (or in lieu at least one more zone) and a mechanism for Control and Boiler interlock,
• The value of the first application should be at least Euro 500 excluding BER (before) Assessment Costs.
Competent contractors registered by SEI must be employed in order to qualify for the grants. Similarly the BER assessments have to be carried out by Assessors (Trained in the National Frame Work of Qualifications) who are duly approved and listed in the SEI registry for BER assessors. Once the on going registration of contractors is completed SEI will entertain your applications for grant aid under the HES scheme.
The substantial allocation of Euro 100 million is now available under the Home Energy Saving Scheme and the home owners stand to benefit in no uncertain terms.
For further information you can contact ENTECH who will advise you or guide you to their best qualified associate for your requirement.