The BER assessors play an important pivotal role in the implementation of most of the services, grants, and schemes implemented by the SEI.
BER Assessors Responsibilities
The BER assessors carry out their duties with approved software and tools to evaluate the energy performance of dwellings and buildings.
Their duties include logging in an assessment with the SEI which would lead to the BER certificate showing:
- Energy Performance rated on a scale from A to G.
- CO2 emissions of the house per year
- Advisory Report
The SEI and its role pertaining to the Energy Assessors
By regulation SI 666 of 2006 all BER assessors should have undergone training under the National Frame Work of Qualifications. Sustainable
Energy Ireland is authorised as the administrator (issuing authority) of the BER scheme.SEI’s responsibilities include;
- Ensuring that the energy assessors have undergone training under the National Frame Work of Qualifications
- Registering them accordingly
- Train the energy assessors of the BER scheme
- Ensuring they adhere to the BER Assessors code of conduct
- Maintaining a digital register of the BER energy assessors
- Receipt of logging in of BER assessments
- Put in place a quality assurance system to audit BER assessors
- To protect the Integrity of the BER scheme
- Publication along with the BER assessment in the National BER register (at a charge Euro 5).
BER Energy Assessors’ Charges
There is no set fee for BER Energy Assessors. The home owners are advised to check the rates of registered assessors.
ENTECH along with their associates is a major provider of services related to the issue of Home Energy Grants, BER certification etc such as;
- Permission and “as built” Design guidance pertaining to Building features related to BER assessment.
- Obtaining for you the services of registered BER assessors
- Free information regarding BER Certification, Advisory report, HES Scheme and the grants available for retrofitting under this scheme etc.
For information on BER assessors call us on 1890 245 345